May 31, 2011

Toast To Teedra



Remember the year that Snoop Dogg, Pharrel and Sean Paul came to South Africa? Then Snoop got into trouble with the law and that meant he'd only come to Joburg to perform a week after the other two gentlemen? Yeah, that was a big deal to The Ordinary Girl until, while driving to the Snoop concert, she stopped playing the crew clown long enough to check out an interesting CD cover. It was Teedra Moses' Complex Simplicity.

My boy Michael had had it for a spell and I was beside myself with joy about the fact that an actual person who I actually know had an actual, full album of the woman who gave us Be Your Girl. Complex Simplicity was borrowed, doted on and returned (so what if it was a year later?) and I've since bought two copies because some people don't know what it means to return someone else's property.

But I don't blame them. Teedra may have made 3 mixtapes since then but that album was hot. Even Panama of our favourite type of brothas, Very Smart Brothas, thinks so. Anyhooooo, this morning the tweets were abuzz about Teedra. And her legs.



But what I want you all to hear is a mellow remix of the song that finally matched a face (and yes, legs) to the extraordinary voice and exceptional, real songwriting. Check out Siiiiiik's version of Be Your Girl:

Teedra Moses-Be Your Girl (siik remix) by siiiiiik

No comments:

Post a Comment