July 9, 2010

adidas Originals Does Good



We recently came across a back copy of a Vogue Mag (November 2008) and found this article on Sam Mendes' film adaptation of Richard Yates' Revolutionary Road. You know, the movie starring Kate Winslet and Leo di Caprio sans the sinking ship.

Anyway, there's a Revolutionary Road stan who writes this article about how the book is her "life litmus test" for whether she'll get along with someone or not. She even cites how Madonna uses the reactions people have to her original Frida Kahlo painting of My Birth to assess if they will bode well with her. Stick with me, I promise this has something to do with the title of the post.



The Ordinary Girl has something similar to this litmus test. For me it's my favourite series, Girlfriends. Usually people who come to my house, yes, all two of them are indifferent about the lives of Joan, Lynne, Toni and Maya (and now Monica Charles-Brookes, don't you just love saying that name?). But mostly, people like the series up until they watch season 1 for the 800th time.



It's no secret that Joan Clayton (the incomparable Tracee Ellis Ross) has a mean shoe game and coat dresses to make you want to pass the bar too. But what's pleasantly surprising is JClay's love for sweats. At some of the most pivotal points of the plot you can find Joan in a Neighbourhood something-or-other. She especially looks amazing in that green Neighbourhood sweater.

It's a pity google wouldn't play along and I couldn't find pics of her in Neighbourhood - but you can always come to my house and see it for yourself. Or you can coo at this cute pic of her and 'Ye taken (I presume) at the same place that the Lupe featuring Tracee's Magnificent Ass took their shot.



Anyway, because of my love for the series, Dude's insistence on being right about everything and my desire to live vicariously through Joan I fell head over heels for Neighbourhood. So... and this is where the post title comes in... imagine my sheer delight when Andrew McDade, the Brand Manager of adidas Originals tells Dude and I that they've just collaborated with Neighbourhood?

Backtrack: Last Saturday theblagg met up with supercoolcat DJ Neil Armstrong (remember we told you he was coming?) at the adidas Originals party. Footage of that coming soon. Promise. Then during the night we chatted up Andrew who told us some exclusive info about the new ranges that are coming to a store near you. My ramblings don't do him justice so just wait for the video.

Andrew McDade has one of the coolest jobs on earth. Before we could even shake hands I gasped and said "I loooooove your jacket!" I know Dude was rolling his inner eye at my weirdness but whatever. McDade told us said jacket is a new Harris Tweed military jacket that is one of the gems coming out of the adidas Originals x Luker by Neighbourhood collabo. Yours for R6000. I know, I did a double-take too. But look at it, it's so... perfect.



I thought to myself, Andrew likes Neighbourhood? That's a good sign, now lemme see if he'll come over for a Sunday Girlfriends Marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment