September 1, 2009

"Just B Fucking Great At Ur Art"

Awesomery courtesy of http://colour-filimi.blogspot.com/

So I drag my feet to the monitor and push the on button. The computer lights up and I think maybe Mondays are not so bad. The office is deserted and I have Fifi singing “my good eye, beautiful eye… beauty, music from my beautiful eye” on my mind. A topless Tumi greets me with mic in hand from the desktop background and I think: man, I love my job. And how did I get here? Well, a dream led to this. I start racking my brain about whether I still have the Tumi EP of the same name. Those songs were boss and most of you only know the joints that The Volume played live and made SA staples once Tumi and The Volume was born. Tumi (possibly my favourite emcee as you’ve figured by now) broke his discography down in the twitterverse:

RT @Herimbi: A dream led to this. Bless.
12:28 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck


First CD I ever recorded was called TAO of Tumi... an EP/showcase. it was done with/at Flowerpot Studios. "Never Deny You" came from that.
12:31 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

2nd was an offiacial EP, the only Vinyl I have ever pressed. "A Dream Led To This" featd These women, yvonne, innerview, she spirit fancies.12:34 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

3rd on the list was a super dooper rare disc of both "Tao of Tumi" and "a dream led to this" EPs, this was when the Volume got started.12:36 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

Then came the "at the Bassline" with Tumi and the Volume. 76, Yvonne, People of the light. first T.V appeareance Phat Joe Show 2002.12:39 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

@Herimbi remember, the band started playing my songs live & then later made new stuff together. welcome and people, people were all Volume12:41 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck in reply to Herimbi

I was kinda in now, featured on some Rage compilations, poetry appearances & was doing the rounds in peoples cribs via Backstage, Mojo, etc12:44 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

"once upon a time in africa" Fro pick, Zubz's "heavy 8" "sex, drug & alcohol" with Verb some of the better things that came from features.12:49 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

TATVolume 2nd & 1st studio album was labour intensive. u felt it in the music, not as lively, but well thought out. best thing I have done.12:50 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

this is what really took us out of the country for real. countrywide tours in Canada did France, U.K, Belgium, Switzerland...12:52 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

Then started MOTIF RECORDS with a close friend, did a compilation KE SHO CASE SHOWCASE featured little known Knaan & FIfi, Duo live, Syntax12:57 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

was preparing to do Fifi album when close friend messed with my girl and shit collapsed. Business pear shaper, heart in disarray.1:00 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

I went to Amsterdam to do a poetry tour (with Ntshiki Mazwai) dont worry nothing happened. lol! and the poetry did not heal me. I was mad.1:02 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

came home to some beats and a very lonely studio. Started "Music From my Good Eye" this album saved me.1:05 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

try and picture recording yourself, listening back, mixing stuff as GPS to the parts of your heart scattered all over the world.1:08 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

Got some SAMA nominations, which ordinarily dont mean much to me but to know that I did that record on my "own" as a "I will survive" shit!!1:09 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

oh yeah did what I think is the best mixtape to ever coem out of S.A with DJ PapercuTT, went on the road with him and smashed!!!!!1:13 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

the last 3 years. HHP ruled. Prokid brought excitment (aside from that 2nd album of his). Skwatta vanished. Slikour arrived. Motswako....1:18 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

.....was almost a movement. (the Motswako dudes never seemed comfortable with Jabba at the top) so that fizzled.1:19 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

Zubz made great music, Wish he would leave already. and now...... things get glitzy babeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!1:23 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

Da L.E.S is a great kid, cool entertainer, stylish but NO mc. U dont need to know how to rap to be a successful rapper.1:27 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

Jozi, Maggz, Morale make everyone involved in the last three years of hip hop nervous. and that is great... the REFRESH button is important1:28 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

It would be nice to lose to an mc WHO CAN ACTUALLY FUCKING RAP. what does Usain Bolt do when the guy walking behind him gets the medal.1:31 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

Worse song I have ever done was "never take it for Granted' feat Arno Carstens. and trust i could rerelease that and smash with it.1:32 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

I am not saying I am Usain Bolt. I am just saying, I Run hard & everyone in the stadium is saying "why is that big dude running so hard?"1:34 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

When you hear that from the stands, all you doing is running for ur own health. my point? I do it hard cuz I'll get sick if i am not sick.1:37 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

Just for the record, this was supposed to be a retrospective. No bitching. I dont want anyone saying we are underrated or not appreciated.1:39 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

There r things you can control and things u cant. How else you explain Arthur's career, jokes!! Just b FUCKING GREAT AT UR ART. dont hate.1:42 AM Aug 31st from TweetDeck

The Blagg don't hate.



No comments:

Post a Comment