September 8, 2012

STR.CRD 2012


The third annual STR.CRD street culture showcase will be held in the Maboneng District for the second time this year. From 27-30 September, sneakerheads, skaters and likers of things will congregate for one of the most anticipated events of the year. Luckily for those of us who get cold pretty easily, the live acts stage doesn't look like it will be outdoors if the new venue (the MOAD Building) is where it will really be.

Speaking of the live acts, this year's international headliners are Jesse Boykins III and Just A Band. I'll be honest, I didn't see Jesse's name popping up when I was pondering who they might bring out. I mean, last year, the headline act was the inimitable Theophilus London so I thought the following year would be someone equally if not more amazing. But maybe there really is a market for ol' Jesse and I just wasn't aware.

No matter, there will still be local musicians to mount the stage and I'm pretty excited for that line-up to be announced. As usual, there will be international sneaker culture and fashion power players who will be in attendance and share their skills at the STR.SESSIONS. You already know how theblagg feels about Claw Money so we're friggin excited about that! We'll keep you posted on what else will be popping at the event as time goes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment