June 2, 2011

I Will Make It



A few years ago there was a hip hop gig at Carfax – so you know there were backpacks everywhere. Ha! Ok, all jokes aside, it was a nice night out and it was the first time I’d seen Spaza king, Rattex, live. His hypeman on that night was a guy called Kritsi I soon found out. Then the next week, theblagg la familia, C Breezy, and I drove the boys in the yard (at the time we lived in a set of homes that shared a garden in Melville) crazy as we kept singing “jeans and sneakers” all week. This jeans and sneakers thing was from a Rattex verse that Kritsi was adlibbing but he was so into this performance that he dropped it down low to physically show that he was talking about jeans and sneakers.

Except he was wearing shorts.

Anyway, I never forgot dude. This past week, Driemanskap shot their video for I Will Make It and in it they feature Kritsi as a down and out character striving to survive. I think it’s super cool that the cats in Cape Town support each other so much and that Kritsi’s mom is in the fourman crew’s new video too. Here’s Kritsi’s mom working on her scene with the help of Driemanskap’s Dla and one our favourite ladies behind the lense, spo0ky. Below that is a scene where the hood heroes got all of the hood involved. Shout out to Pioneer Unit for the behind the scenes footage.



No comments:

Post a Comment