June 9, 2011

Between A Rox And A Dope Place



A year or two ago I saw the head of The Mothership and her sister at some hip hop gig. They were looking particularly radiant with a berry lipstick that induced envy. So she told me where to go to get it and I went. I put it on right after I paid for it and Dude burst out laughing. Needless to say, although I'm going to say it, that I never wore it again. What does this have to do with anything? Well this is the same moonberry what-what lipstick shade that Rox is wearing. I discovered this English soul singer through a friend last year and have been a fan of her music and her style ever since. I totally didn't know the woman who has worked with Al Shux (who produced Mr Knowles' Empire State Of Mind) had a video for her infectious My Baby Left Me. The summer band tour-like video just makes me look forward to gate crashing a fratpack tour where, you guessed it, I'll wear my lipstick proudly. What do you think of the video?

No comments:

Post a Comment