May 2, 2011

Our Favourite Fembot



As you might have noticed by now, some of us are dreading being where we are so we're making the experience better by sharing the music we're playing in our heads. That's enough of me speaking in riddles. You all know how much The Ordinary Girl adores Robyn. Oh, you don't? Well sometimes it's hard to share the fembots I love with the world.

Anyway, one of my favourite joints from this striking Swede is Dancehall Queen. I love it so much I dream I am actually the singer and the real dancehall queen who gets another shout out on the mic and that Robyn will tell everyone the truth one day. Talk about OTT! Ok, so here's the video to that jam. How amazeballs is it?



And just because I like you all so much I found this video of Robyn and Diplo and another guy (excuse my ignorance) in studio. What they are saying is not always audible but it's not all that important as it's how they act that makes me all certified mushy inside. Check it out.



And one more thing just because I like AKeys and a lot of the people I speak to regularly generally don't, decide for yourself who performed Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the stories I could tell you - once upon a time in the mid nineties both me and Robyn were teenagers in Scandinavia. The only difference (besides the nationality and gender) was that she was a teenage R&B star and I was her fan. I though she is quite lovely when she was doing this kind of thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFZTjj1GypI&feature=related

    Then she started doing a few collaborations with some Swedish Hip Hop peoples and that was pretty cool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq7T0plPKvw&feature=related).

    More recently I haven't been following her career, but I am sure she's cool and also that my taste in music has changed a bit as has her style so she's pure nostalgia to me. As a sixteen year old I though that while TLC was a bit far fetched and it was too difficult to choose my favourite one of them, but surely me and Robyn - hey - who knows, there could be something there : ) Well, there wasn't and I remained the only one out of my friends who never even got to interview her during my radio days, but perhaps that's okay as well.

    ReplyDelete