September 19, 2010

While I Was Waiting...



...for some business to make cents I was thinking about what a difference a pair of heels or any feminine shoes makes. The other day I met up with our good friend from Colour Filimi and mid-discussion about some women's stalker tendencies, he looks down at my feet and goes; "You? Pumps? Nike doesn't make Pumps!"

Much like that scene in Love and Basketball where Gabrielle Union's pre-Dwayne Wade's hoochie ass turns to Monica and says "Dang girl, I didn't know Nike made dresses!" Uh-huh. This is the dress she was wearing before Q took it off to pop the cherrie.



But I digress. This afternoon I was on a taxi back to my place and a primary school friend got on. My armpits began getting pins and needles but I smiled through the uncomfortable silence. Primary School Girl - quite the feminine one back in the day - was all breath mints and blingy and whatnot. I however, the eternal tomboy, was wearing R29,99 Mr Price wedges. Convo was alright til she saw the wedges and decided The Ordinary Girl was now a girly-girl and therefore not one who is very bright. Or at least that's the impression I got.

So the thing that I was thinking about while I was waiting is: does wearing feminine shoes make you less worthy? I know, I know, too much depth for a Sunday but hey. Thing is, I'd buy Nike shoes for girls - IF they made great ones. But truth is that they don't. I know, I've been to Shesha. And laughed. And that's why I can't see myself wearing Puma pumps or Gladiator Sandal SBs.

AND most of all, this is why I don't understand Y-3's sneaker heels. Look:








However, Dude says "they look pretty from the side." Me? I'm still not convinced. And no, I don't know if other people will continue to look down on me when I'm wearing girls shoes or if they'll think I got my own CD, and baby if they don't dig me I'm the same ol' G just because I'm wearing Yohji's funky sneaker heels. These are just my thoughts while I'm waiting for things to make cents so make of it what you will blagettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment