September 15, 2010

the Ladies Man

We straight up jacked this picture from MoFunk cuz we think it's phly so visit their site and show some love

A year ago DJ Kenzhero passed The Ordinary Girl some mixtape featuring some really dope female rappers and singers. He called it DJ Kenzhero Presents My Favourite Ladies Mix Vol 2. Odd, I thought, usually volume two follows a volume one. But not with Kenzhero.

The Party People pioneer handed me a CD (that is yet to be released, sorry folks)of his favourite songs as chosen and mixed by him. Fast forward to today and he decides to let us all in on DJ Kenzhero Presents My Favourite Ladies Mix Vol 1. Yes, he's deciding to do things the right way around now.

This new mix features my favourite Estelle joint "Life To Me" as well as songs by the likes of Chrisette Michele, Georgia Anne Muldrow as well as a song by Fifi featuring Bahamadia. Can you say diverse?

In between telling me what a headache he has, DJ Kenzhero had this to say about his new mix: "I'm inevitably in love with female voices, I can't explain it .... I don't know why. Volume 1 is comprised of what I'm listening to at the moment but it made me go look for more songs as soon as I realized there are so many out there. I'ts all there you just need to open your eyes. The cornerstone for this is to put out unknown female artists who drop albums that never get heard especially soul, neo-soul and hip hop."

And on why he is doing what he does Kenzhero said: "I did volume 1 about a year and a half ago, if not longer. So I'm just giving it out for free and volume 2 is still going to come out. I'm mixing volume 3 soon and I've got the track list already compiled for volume 4. Volume 5 is slowly filling up track list wise too. I'm working towards something here ... the trick is to to them in advance. I'm working towards something for 2012 or late 2011 if I'm lucky. It's still an idea I cant share yet."

You can download the mix for FREE on Mirror Creator

No comments:

Post a Comment