April 30, 2010

TGIF? Are you high?



Word has it (read: the internet says) Ice Cube wants to do another Friday with Chris Tucker. Why would they do that? Have our minds not suffered enough? As you can probably tell by now, The Ordinary Girl is writing this post. It's common knowledge that Dude adores, I mean adores Friday.

To him Friday, starring Ice Cube as Craig and Chris Tucker as the annoying friend aptly named Smokey, is the original Get High film that has gained cult status. Plus it has Dude's favourite late great comedian, Bernie Mac starring too. This movie annoys T.O.G no end. But then again theblaggers don't agree about everything all the time. Anywhoooooooo...



Depending on what blogs you frequent you might hear that Cube took some time out from telling rappers they aren't West Coast enough to speak to The Voice of New York herself, Angie Martinez OR you might have read that he spoke to a movie site. The point is, the former NWA-er told someone that he wants to do another Friday. It sounds to me like he wants to recreate the buffoonery, I mean magic that people loved when he and Tucker where committed to celluloid - not any of the Friday films that followed!

When asked if he would ever think about doing a Friday 4 Ice Cube said, "I want to. But I don’t want to do it without Chris Tucker. That’s what people want. I really want to give people what they want, especially doing it for a fourth time. We can’t just go through a movie without giving the people exactly what they want. I’ve been trying to convince Chris to do it. Just say “yeah,” it’s alright …."



Maybe Tucker is thinking about what The Ordinary Girl wants. I'm not mad at that. And yes, I am fully aware that I am the only person in the entire world who hates this film. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment