July 18, 2012

The [Horizontal] Cross



I've been trying to remain mum about my obsession with the horizontal cross for a while now. I've never been the type to insist on wearing religious "jewelery" or accessories that may be a nod to a certain faith whether one ascribes to it or not. Nope, you won't catch me with a red string around my wrist. But I have this strong urge to cop one or three of these.

Jennifer Zeuner is one of the most prominent designers whose name is associated with this design (especially among celebrities) and all the ones pictured here are from her work. You have to dig deep in your pockets for them though because they are priced at above $100. Pick your jaw up. There have been other outlets that hooked up their own sideways beauties and I'm sure you could also find someone to make one for you. At least that's what I'm going to do. I really do dig it. It's the fact that the cross is not in its traditional direction and is given a funkier edge because of it is horizontal. But it's also about the placement of it. On most chains, this cross doesn't sit dead centre.

Various celebrities have been seen rocking a version of this baby - yeah, even Beyonce and you know how I feel about her - so (in my best Jam Alley voice) ohhhvviiiiias it's a trend. BUT, be honest, even you can't front on the horizontal cross. Peep the anklet below. I haven't wanted to wear an anklet since standard four!

No comments:

Post a Comment