July 16, 2012

Stella Gets Her Groove Back


 I'll be the first to admit. When I first saw STL, I thought she was wack. It's partly because I found her talking over a beat to be uninspired and mostly because the beat was that eurotrash dance music that has ensured the likes of Flo-Rida still have careers. The STL song was called Lookie Lookie. Uh-huh. Then Kenyan-born Norwegian singer-songwriter released a rap song called Bad As I Wanna Be and I couldn't help but hear traces of Foxy Brown on it. Plus the highly old American rap styling of the video gave it away. Yes, I know all the cool kids were wearing Chicago Bulls jerseys last season but this video just smacks of hearkening back to a time long gone. Bad As I Wanna Be is released under STL's birthname, Stella Mwangi. I wonder why. Peep the video:

1 comment:

  1. STL is my girl *singing* Come take a lookie lookie what!! ya'll didnt like that shoot I'm dancing as it plays in my head now

    ReplyDelete